Monday, October 15, 2007

chase this light

hello, i'm in maine.
sometimes i repeat that to myself because i forget how far north i am. but i'm quickly reminded of that when i step outside. tonight though, i'm in a wide, white, wicker chair positioned amiably in front of a very active wood stove. tonight, there are so many possibilities; my world spins, heavy with the weight of potential. i want to tell you of hope, and of love.

love. i am wrapped in it.

but now is not the time to elaborate. in this moment i want only to ask you to rest, as i am. we are the image of the invisible, sculpted in the likeness of the I AM. we are born to be, and to be still.

Moses answered the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still."

2 comments:

Kimberlee said...

"hello, I'm in Maine"...too few syllables for my liking. let's try something else. "hello, I'm in Pennsylvania"...ah, yes, much better :)

Sarah said...

Love you my Abbie :)